In the first consultation Juli will ask you to talk about the reasons why you have come for acupuncture, ask you questions regarding this and take a medical and “life” history. She will then do an initial treatment, in this first session. Acupuncture is a process, and it is recommended that you come for a course of treatment, usually beginning with 4-6 once-a-week treatments, for the best opportunity to fine tune and balance your system. Subsequent sessions could be two weekly/monthly and will involve taking details of your progression, reassessing your symptoms and noting any new health concerns.
Juli’s work is about helping people to get back into balance, so sometimes she will recommend diet and lifestyle improvements, to suit each individual’s particular needs.
Before treatments, please ensure you eat something light. Following treatments, please avoid exercise and rush.
Juli’s initial training is in the 5 Element Tradition and this is the basis of her very gentle approach to acupuncture treatment.
She uses many different techniques due to her specialised training which includes extensive post-graduate study in the fields of:
- Muscular-Skeletal problems (Canterbury)
- Auricular (Ear) Acupuncture (Reading)
- Pain Relief (Baltimore USA)
- Mental-Emotional & Psychiatric conditions (New York)
- Advanced Pulse Diagnosis & Pain Relief (Mexico)
- Obstetrics/Pregnancy Care (York)
- Face Reading (Bath)
- Chinese Medicine for Children and Babies (Bath)
- Laser Acupuncture (New York)
- Japanese Acupuncture techniques (London)